First Time Home Buyers
Buying a home can often seem like a daunting process, particularly if you’re a first-time buyer. The uncharted waters that must be navigated throughout what is often the biggest purchase of your lifetime are enough to induce stress, yet the process may actually be explained in just ten simple steps:
- Before you begin, take the time to think through the decision to buy. Are you prepared for the commitment it requires? Do you have enough for a down payment and have you ensured your finances are in order? If so, then it is officially the time to begin the home buying process.
- Finding a trustworthy realtor who has demonstrated expertise in the intricacies of the process from the forms and financing to negotiating and closing is a crucial task. This not only ensures a faster, smoother, and ultimately more rewarding transaction for you, but guarantees success in what is often the largest investment you’ll ever make.
- Getting pre-approval on a mortgage is a great idea because it both guarantees the financing will be there when you need it and provides you with an accurate price range to save you from wasting future time looking at houses that may not be in your budget.
- Next, it’s time to view homes. This is where having a knowledgeable realtor comes into play, because as your ally I am prepared to align you with properties that are conscious of your priorities (whatever they may be) so that you’ll meet a home that you’ll fall in love with.
- When you’ve found the right home, you’ll know it, and that indicates that it is time to stop looking and officially begin the purchasing process.
- This is the time to secure your funding, which is made simpler if you have followed step three and gotten pre-approved. I’ll help you navigate the extra costs that must be accounted for, such as interest, closing fees, and taxes, to ensure you get the funding you need.
- Then we make an offer, a process I am prepared to handle and guide you through.
- Once the offer has been accepted, it is vital that during closing, you obtain insurance, a process I am prepared and happy to assist you with.
- Then the official closing time comes, where you’ll do things such as sign the final paperwork and receive the keys and title to your new home.
- Finally you’re a homeowner! This means it’s time to transfer utilities into your name, move in, and take the final necessary steps to protect your new asset with fire, theft, and liability insurance. Once you’ve completed those tasks you are officially done and that means the time has come to enjoy your new home!